The new training year began in September. At the ebm-papst Group's German locations, 113 young people started their apprenticeships or dual studies. Of these, 70 were in Mulfingen, 15 in St. Georgen, 10 in Herbolzheim, 8 in Lauf an der Pegnitz and 10 in Landshut.
A total of almost 400 trainees and DH students will then be trained in 23 different professions at the technology leader for fans and motors.
For ebm-papst, training and dual and cooperative studies are important instruments for recruiting specialists, especially in the industrial and technical field. The demand for the MINT professions at the fan specialist is unbrokenly high. In order to attract sufficient specialists in these fields, ebm-papst is already trying to get children interested in technology. ebm-papst promotes this with MINT projects in kindergartens and schools, and as the regional organiser of the Youth Research competition, the Heilbronn-Franken regional competition. In addition, the Group cooperates closely with universities in the region to offer students the opportunity for internships or a thesis.
ebm-papst was able to win two applicants for this year's training start each thanks to two successful initiatives by DHBW Mosbach on the Bad Mergentheim campus: "Summer in the Castle!*" and the "Dual²" application week are aimed directly at European prospective students. "Sommer im Schloss!*" is a four-week applicant seminar on dual study in Germany. Participants attend a German course every day for three weeks, receive information on technical and economic dual courses, take part in application coaching, gain an insight into international training companies in the region and have the opportunity to make contacts during leisure activities and excursions. The application week "Dual²" offers all those who unfortunately could not get a place at the "Summer in the Castle!*" the chance to get to know the campus of the DHBW Mosbach in Bad Mergentheim. Interested students of the 12th grade and their German teachers are invited to a one-week stay. This week, internship days at partner companies, visits to the DHBW Mosbach campus and a check of application documents will be offered. There will also be the opportunity to get to know international students of the DHBW Mosbach.
Despite a high number of over 1,000 applications for training at ebm-papst, a few positions could not be filled. There are currently still places available in the electrical engineering and industrial engineering courses in Mulfingen for the start of studies in 2019. The training occupations of electronics technician for devices & systems and process mechanic for coating technology are also not yet fully occupied at the headquarters of the ebm-papst Group in Mulfingen.
The ebm-papst locations in Germany train the following professions:
- Commercial clerk for office management
- Industrial clerk (m/f)
- Industrial clerk with additional qualification
- Warehouse logistics specialist
- warehouse clerk
- Electronics technician for devices and systems
- Mechatronics technician
- Industrial mechanic (m/f)
- Technical Product Designer
- Process mechanic for coating technology
- IT specialist
- Professional driver
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering - KE
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering - PT
- Bachelor of Engineering - Industrial Engineering - IPL
- Bachelor of Engineering - Industrial Engineering - IPM
- Bachelor of Engineering - Industrial Engineering - ITV
- Bachelor of Science - Business Informatics
- Bachelor of Science - Applied Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Online Media
- Cooperative Degree Course - Electronics Technician - Bachelor