Supply Chain Manager
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Department: Supply Chain Management
This position is responsible for driving the external capacity planning with suppliers and vendors, monitor performance, escalate where necessary and further develop suppliers where applicable.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
As a supervisor you are responsible for:
- Hiring new employees and for establishing the required training schedules.
- Overseeing the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducting performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handling discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be building a new department (10+ employees in the next 2 years) and establish efficient processes and procedures for the department
- Within the department, you will establish the following functional areas: o Supply chain planning;
- Coordinating and driving the capacity planning on a mid-term basis, internal (production) & external (supplier)
- Identifying gaps between customer forecasts and supply chain capabilities
- Defining actions to close gaps and monitor the execution of the action plan o Supply Chain Improvement
- Defining and improving resilient supply chain processes and methodologies across the organization (KANBAN loops, schedule agreement, escalation schedules, data analytics and process mining)
- Defining planning methods (e.g. ABC, HML, VED, etc.) for raw materials and finished goods
- Ensuring transparency on continuous process performance (KPIs system and measurement) o Supply Chain Development
- Evaluating supplier performance based on agreements
- Developing, implementing and monitoring corrective actions where necessary
- Conducting capacity verifications (e.g. Run at Rate, etc.) and potential analysis at suppliers
- Collaborating with other departments and stakeholders to identify, maintain or expand resources needed to provide an effective supply chain.
- Establishing performance metrics for measurement, comparison and evaluation of safety, quality, delivery cost and inventory factors affecting the supply chain.
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring safety, quality, cost, delivery and inventory.
- Identifying optimal shipment and transportation modes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Acting as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material availability.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or similar relevant position required.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.