Production and Supply Chain Planner
Job Title: Production and Supply Chain Planner
Location: Telford, Tennessee
This position is responsible for conceptual designs, modeling and detail drawings of sheet metal fan enclosures.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Draw up final assembly schedule to establish sequence and lead-time of each operation to meet customer promised shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders. Monitor actual production versus schedule (daily, weekly and year to date).
- Interface with Customer Relations, Engineering, and Production Supervisors to coordinate, monitor, expedite, or defer manufacturing schedules.
- Work with Production Planning Manager and Production Shift Supervisors to determine capacity and availability of equipment.
- Work with sourcing department to ensure all component parts are available to meet start date build schedules and coordinate with production to ensure all finished goods manufacturing orders are completed by the scheduled due dates.
- Coordination of outside process orders including the creation, monitoring, tracking, and occasional expediting of phantom purchase orders. Handle all aspects in the proper preparation of shipments including packing and documentation for outside processes.
- Review/audit of final MO issues for correct accounting of raw materials going into manufacturing orders and subsequent closing of MO’s.
- Provide feedback, monitor status, measure progress and forecast probability of successfully meeting the production schedule deadlines to management. Communicate the same to Customer Relations Department.
- Use and maintain Part Master files to support Materials Requirements Planning system fabrication requirements and on time delivery to customers.
- Manage all shop floor paperwork required to manufacture assigned product lines.
- Work with Engineering to provide material analysis for change cut-ins dates and coordinate all new product introductions.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MRP II, CAD, Shop Floor Control, Capacity Planning, MO Maintenance, Microsoft Excel, Word and other software.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or minimum five years manufacturing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, SAP and/or AS400 strongly preferred
- Knowledge in Lean Production and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate amongst multiple departments in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner
- Experience developing and implementing inventory control/supply chain strategies
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.