Supplier Development Engineer - Quality
Job Title: Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Telford, Tennessee
This position is responsible for ebm‑papst’s supplier development program. Specifically focused on supplier management that includes supplier approval, corrective actions, part approvals and auditing.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accomodations, to perform the following:
- Conduct supplier audits for new suppliers and the existing supplier base.
- Collaborate with the purchasing department in selecting, onboarding and developing new suppliers.
- Monitor supplier’s performance to evaluate quality and on time delivery.
- Develop, assign and monitor Key Process Indicators (KPIs) related to delivery performance, quality and capacity.
- Develop and coordinate supplier development programs for improvement and cost reductions.
- Report supplier performance to management.
- Analyze supplier’s production processes to determine if capacity and quality standards can be achieved.
- Coordinate the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) on supplier parts.
- Review and understand Control Plans (CP) and Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents.
- Work closely with the plant quality department and the purchasing department to escalate issues in regards to quality and delivery performance. Ensure supplier corrective actions are completed in a timely manner and verify their effectiveness.
- Provide support to all departments in regards to supplier issues.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MAC-PAC, Order Processing, Visio, Inventory systems, Design, Internet, Project Management, Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- University Degree in Engineering and minimum four years related experience;
- Supply chain development and crisis management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Strong integrity and creativity
- Flexibility and preparedness to travel with short notice
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 including auditing.
- Knowledge of VDA 6.0 is a plus
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.