Sourcing Program Manager
Job Title: Sourcing Program Manager
Location: Telford, Tennessee
As a Sourcing Program Manager, you will have a strong understanding of Procurement operations policies, processes, and technology with a focus on project management activities, including the end to end project management process in a fast paced, complex business environment. You will work within a team of collaborative colleagues, working on high-impact sourcing projects that move the business forward. You will help your team meet deadlines, track, monitor and summarize progress of projects, and prepare reports for senior leadership regarding the status and progress of the project. This role will also have responsibility for direct sourcing and managing suppliers of raw material commodities, finished goods and related accessories requiring both a strategic and tactical view of the responsibilities, thinking on a broad level about the best way to manage the commodities and supply base to maximize the value.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with our without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Oversees and coordinates the operational and strategy creation aspects of sourcing projects.
- Focus on delivering projects on time, at cost and to specifications.
- Partners with Sourcing Management, Commodity leaders and cross functional team members to create strategy and drive projects to completion.
- Reviews status of projects, costs and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer’s satisfaction goals and objectives
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and customers
- Implement sourcing strategies to support overall business goals and provide the company with competitive advantages.
- Manage the entire supplier identification, selection/ RFQ process, development, negotiation, qualification, certification, and compliance programs.
- Review and approve list of suppliers developed by analyzing the commodity industry to understand trends and competitive positioning for the best possible supply base.
- Use data analytics/metrics to solve problems, reach business goals and forecast future needs.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Analyze total cost of ownership, landed cost and make/buy decision for sourcing projects.
- Hiring, training and supervising of new procurement personnel.
- Coaching and developing team members.
- Travel as necessary to effectively accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities. Adhere to the Company’s Travel Policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Sourcing.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- 5-7 years of Project and Sourcing Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Business, Engineering, Materials or equivalent preferred.
- Strong analytical and innovative mindset to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to articulate points of view with senior leaders, but execute plans when directed.
- Demonstrate actionable results by delivering against targets for financial performance business impact.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically but detailed oriented to support ideology with facts.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to direct a cross functional team.
- Commodity Management experience with motors, stator/rotor, die cast, plastic injection molded, deep draw, fans, lamination stacks, over molding, pcb, pcba, wire harness, o-rings, and seals preferred.
- Sound knowledge and application of procurement policy, process, principles, and audits.
- Experience building an annual productivity pipeline that supports the aligned business strategy and delivers annual YOY savings through category RFQs, supplier development, incumbent negotiation, VA/VE, Make vs Buy, etc.
- Excellent Planning and Project management skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills (multiple complex analyses simultaneously)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel experience preferred.
- ERP knowledge / experience: AS400 & SAP preferred
- Ability to understand and uphold internal and external policies, regulations, and laws.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.