Job Title: Sourcing Manager
Location: Telford, Tennessee
Sourcing Manager is responsible for sourcing and managing suppliers of raw material commodities, finished goods and related accessories. This role requires both a strategic and tactical view of the responsibilities, thinking on a broad level about the best way to manage the commodities and supply base to maximize the value. This position is involved in all phases of sourcing requiring the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts and manage delivery of optimal solutions. The Sourcing Manager is a strategic-minded leader with excellent analytic abilities and negotiation skills. A critical thinker with a high degree of business acumen, this individual will also possess superior communication skills as well as a great deal of professionalism and emotional intelligence when dealing with individuals at all levels of an organization.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with our without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Implement sourcing strategies to support overall business goals and provide the company with competitive advantages.
- Manage the entire supplier identification, selection/ RFQ process, development, negotiation, qualification, certification, and compliance programs.
- Review and approve list of suppliers developed by analyzing the commodity industry to understand trends and competitive positioning for the best possible supply base.
- Develop a negotiation strategy that delivers against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Improve the value-to-total cost relationship and cultivate positive supplier interaction that fosters true partnerships.
- Develop analysis to determine long-term suppliers including how each party will benefit from the arrangement.
- Use data analytics/metrics to solve problems, reach business goals and forecast future needs.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers.
- Influence suppliers’ manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the volume of EBM-Papst Global.
- Locate, analyze and consolidate supplier base to meet current and future business needs.
- Maintain qualified, cost-effective backup suppliers for all key commodities.
- Work internally and externally to identify material alternatives that reduce total cost of ownership or landed cost.
- Create and maintain detailed profiles of supplier capabilities, processes, facilities, contacts, etc.; communicate and make available to all areas of the business.
- Understand, track, and forecast the key cost drivers and market factors for relevant commodities.
- Manage and optimize supplier performance, including cost, quality, delivery, innovation, and flexibility.
- Communicate cross-functionally to gather performance scorecard information and lead meaningful business reviews with suppliers. Focus on delivering projects on time, at cost and to specifications.
- Support Engineering and Quality functions in locating, identifying, developing and qualifying appropriate sources for products that meet required Engineering and Quality performance targets.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to understand company-wide needs and enhance supplier support.
- Maintain, review, and report KPI metrics that fully demonstrate sound supply base control.
- Establish team’s priorities and effectively communicate to gain clarity and alignment.
- Hiring, training and supervising of new procurement personnel.
- Coaching and developing team members.
- Manage negotiation and implementation of contracts by working with cross functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions. Renegotiate, renew and discontinue existing supplier contracts.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity to supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit ebm‑papst Global.
- Travel as necessary to effectively accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities. Adhere to the Company’s Travel Policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Sourcing.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- 5-7 years of Sourcing Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Business, Engineering, Materials or equivalent preferred.
- Commodity Management experience with motors, stator/rotor, die cast, plastic injection molded, deep draw, fans, lamination stacks, over molding, pcb, pcba, wire harness, o-rings, and seals preferred.
- Sound knowledge and application of procurement policy, process, principles, and audits.
- Experience building an annual productivity pipeline that supports the aligned business strategy and delivers annual YOY savings through category RFQs, supplier development, incumbent negotiation, VA/VE, Make vs Buy, etc.
- Excellent Planning and Project management skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills (multiple complex analyses simultaneously)
- Experience in quality management systems such as ISO9001, IATF 16949.
- Expert negotiating skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel experience preferred.
- ERP knowledge / experience: AS400 & SAP preferred
- Ability to understand and uphold internal and external policies, regulations, and laws.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.