Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Telford, Tennessee
This position is responsible for planning and directing the activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials and products.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Perform statistical analysis and study to determine if the current processes are meeting the customer specifications.
- Perform repeatability and reliability tests on tooling.
- Participate in customer visits and audits as necessary.
- Coordinate calibration on equipment and gauges and maintain records accordingly.
- Instruct others in continuous process improvements, including the use of various problem solving and productivity techniques such as process mapping and cost time management.
- Develop and coordinate programs to recognize and reward groups or individuals for suggestions and actions related to process improvement.
- Maintain appropriate records related to product safety approvals (UL, VDE, etc.) and provide support to Field Inspectors when they conduct their inspections.
- Manage disposition of rejected material in a timely manner and keep MRB area organized.
- Direct workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Establish programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment, testing measurements, analytical equipment and facilities.
- Maintain ISO 9001 and ISO14001 knowledge and conduct internal audits and management reviews as defined by internal procedures.
- Compile and write training material and conduct training sessions on quality control activities.
- Provide support to all departments in the development of process control parameters, systems and procedures.
- Provide training in the use of measuring equipment and proper procedure for first article inspection.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MAC-PAC, Order Processing, Visio, Inventory systems, Design, Internet, Project Management, Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering; or minimum four years related experience; or combination of education and related experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.