Job Title: Plant Accountant
Location: Telford, Tennessee
Manages activities related to the accounting function in the manufacturing facility.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accomodations, to perform the following:
- Interprets and disseminates cost accounting information to Management.
- Analyzes inventory records and variance reports.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard to actual costs.
- Provides Management with cost and comparative reports to indicate needs for changes in pricing or production.
- Works on special projects as required.
- Assist in monthly and annual closings with cost related adjusting journal entries.
- Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in the manufacturing facility. This includes inventory as well as the manufacturing bill of materials.
- Maintain fixed asset reports for the manufacturing facility. This includes tagging new fixed assets and monitoring for disposals.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual property tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly sales and use tax returns.
- Conduct studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization’s operations.
- Make recommendations to Management regarding cost savings or profit generation opportunities.
- Use the following software programs while performing the job: Mac-Pac, Sequel, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Maintain the quality of the Accounting Department to service the ebm‑papst organization.
- Travel as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field with a minimum five years related work experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.