Production & Supply Chain Planner Intern
Job Title: Production & Supply Chain Planner Intern
Location: Telford, Tennessee
This job is responsible for review of existing manufacturing processes and development of new manufacturing processes to support our production lines and ensure our ability to meet current manufacturing schedules and future growth targets.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Support the Production & Supply Chain Planner Draw up final assembly schedule to establish sequence and lead-time of each operation to meet customer promised shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders. Monitor actual production versus schedule (daily, weekly and year to date).
- Support the Prod. & SC Planner in the Interface with Customer Relations, Engineering, and Production Supervisors to coordinate, monitor, expedite, or defer manufacturing schedules.
- Support the Prod. & SC Planner work with Production Planning Manager and Production Shift Supervisors to determine capacity and availability of equipment.
- Support the Prod. & SC Planner work with sourcing department to ensure all component parts are available to meet start date build schedules and coordinate with production to ensure all finished goods manufacturing orders are completed by the scheduled due dates.
- Support the Prod. & SC Planner in coordination of outside process orders including the creation, monitoring, tracking, and occasional expediting of phantom purchase orders. Handle all aspects in the proper preparation of shipments including packing and documentation for outside processes.
- Support the Prod. & SC Planner review/audit of final MO issues for correct accounting of raw materials going into manufacturing orders and subsequent closing of MO’s.
- Support the Prod. & SC Planner to maintain Part Master files to support Materials Requirements Planning system fabrication requirements and on time delivery to customers.
- Support the Prod. & SC Planner to manage all shop floor paperwork required to manufacture assigned product lines.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MRP II, CAD, Shop Floor Control, Capacity Planning, MO Maintenance, Microsoft Excel, Word and other software.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Are actively pursing a degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Industrial Engineering
- Are proficient at the use of ERP or other computer systems and Microsoft Suite
- Possess leadership qualities and the ability to facilitate conflicts
- Are self-motivated and self-directed with a sense of urgency
- Have a solid work ethic - honors responsibility and commitment
- Have strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent communication and team collaboration skills (English language)
- Possess proven ability to achieve results
- Have exceptional leadership, interpersonal, problem solving, project management, and communication skills
- Have the ability to set overall priorities and form action plans to implement and monitor for results
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.