Director of Sourcing
Job Title: Director of Sourcing
Location: Telford, Tennessee
To join the US fastest growing manufacturer of high-tech, industry leading air moving devices. We are seeking an experienced, passionate and visionary Director of sourcing with the focus of establishing & executing a strategy and further developing & growing the team.
This position is responsible for each step in the sourcing process. This includes developing a world class sourcing team, conducting market research, supplier evaluation, supplier selection, contract negotiation, supplier onboarding as well as supplier relationship & performance management. This position requires cross-functional skills as the position works closely with operations & supply chain management, sales, engineering and finance.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with our without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Develop the overall sourcing vision and strategy. Develop new and creative ideas regarding philosophy, process, and systems that need to be formalized and agreed to across all functions involved in procurement and supply chain management. Define multi-year steps and goals, as well as long-term direction harmonize these with other departments and stakeholders. Ensure that all direct reports have the understanding and confidence needed to support this strategy and our business to achieve desired results.
- Develop strong win/win relationships with suppliers that will allow for combined efforts to reduce cost, take steps out of the process, and result in improved performance and profits.
- Evaluate and improve systems, processes, and resources as they pertain to the overall sourcing organization.
- Effectively establish high performing teams, lead, motivate and promote the teams and act as a role model with high performance standards and make sound business decisions.
- Formulate and deploy procedures governing all sourcing activities. Lead the transition to a demand pull system and coordinate activities with sales, operations and supply chain management.
- Provide overall strategic, tactical, and operational direction and support to the organization in an effort to implement a best TCO strategy.
- Communicate our corporate vision of ebm‑papst Inc. to suppliers to elicit them as partners. Develop and maintain strong on-going relationships with key suppliers and establish effective programs and processes ensuring best-in-class supplier performance.
- Participate in the strategic and tactical negotiation of major supplier contracts
- Oversee and maintain assigned functions of Sourcing, i.e. contract pricing, negotiations, competitive cost of goods, forecasts, compliance with all quality standards of ebm‑papst Inc. Be responsible for managing the contracting spend of assigned categories.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on related commodities that can affect prices of products.
- Escalate issues to suppliers in tandem with the Operations and SCM team resolve any supply issues.
- Implement continuous improvement processes within the sourcing team as well as with suppliers.
- Travel as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10 or more years experience in a purchasing and/or sourcing environment, thereof 5 or more years of supervisory/management experience
- Experienced in contract negotiations
- Experience with PCB’s / PCBA’s
- Strong leadership and people skills, good written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, integrity, initiative, and excellent customer relationship skills.
- Strong process management skills; experience streamlining office work processes and workflow; working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles a strong plus.
- Must have knowledge working with ERP systems and have competent skills with spreadsheets/data analysis.
- Ability to define and measure Key Performance Metrics that support efficient operations.
- A proven track record as a problem solver and self-starter
- Quick, concise, decision-making ability.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.