Supplier Development Engineer
Job Title: Supplier Development Engineer
This position is responsible for ebm‑papst’s supplier development program. Specifically focused on supplier management that includes supplier approval, corrective actions, part approvals and auditing.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Conduct supplier audits for new suppliers and the existing supplier base.
- Collaborate with the purchasing department in selecting, onboarding and developing new suppliers.
- Monitor supplier’s performance to evaluate quality and on time delivery.
- Develop, assign and monitor Key Process Indicators (KPIs) related to delivery performance, quality and capacity.
- Develop and coordinate supplier development programs for improvement and cost reductions.
- Report supplier performance to management.
- Analyze supplier’s production processes to determine if capacity and quality standards can be achieved.
- Coordinate the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) on supplier parts.
- Review and understand Control Plans (CP) and Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents.
- Work closely with the plant quality department and the purchasing department to escalate issues regarding quality and delivery performance. Ensure supplier corrective actions are completed in a timely manner and verify their effectiveness.
- Provide support to all departments in regards to supplier issues.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MAC-PAC, Order Processing, Visio, Inventory systems, Design, Internet, Project Management, Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum four years related experience
- Supply chain development skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Flexibility and preparedness to travel with short notice
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 including auditing.
- Knowledge of VDA 6.0 is a plus
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume below.