Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Utilizing strategic sourcing process, identify market and supplier opportunities to shorten component supply chains.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities. Evaluate feasibility of supplier/material alternatives toward cost reduction goals.
- Support and participate with geographic associates to build network participation and expertise.
- Help analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity to supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit ebm‑papst Global.
- Review and approve a comprehensive list of suppliers for bid processes developed by analyzing the industry to understand trends and competitive positioning in order to ensure system activation of the best possible supply base.
- Working knowledge of JIT programs including consignment, VMI, Kanban
- Demonstrated knowledge of total cost of ownership
- Ability to read CAD drawings
- Help renegotiate, renew and discontinue supplier contracts. Identify ways to reduce costs.
- Help foster relationships with suppliers and new possible suppliers
- Travel as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
Associates Degree or higher in a Technical field such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Electronics or Construction with a minimum 2+ years related experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume below.