Job Title: Logistics Manager
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the Logistics Center.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accomodations, to perform the following:
- Direct and control shipping, receiving and all warehouse activities.
- Manage, hire, lead, motivate and train personnel in the Distribution Center in accordance with organizational polices and applicable laws. Exhibit confidence in self and staff. Resolve interdepartmental issues, accept feedback and give recognition.
- Review bills of lading for incoming merchandise and customer orders in order to plan work activities.
- Establish operational procedures for the verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, the handling and disposition of merchandise, and the maintaining of warehouse inventory.
- Coordinate activities of Distribution Center in conjunction with Sales, Customer Relations and Purchasing Departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
- Direct reclamation of damaged merchandise.
- Ability to drive continuous process improvement ideas. Cost Savings were applicable
- Ensure all material movement activities and transactions are performed accurately and timely.
- Develop and implement new processes and technologies for transaction processing and material movement.
- Maintain ISO 9001 manuals.
- Prepare and operate within departmental budgets.
- Plan and coordinate the transfer of materials throughout the warehouse, between buildings and locations
- Maintain the Cycle Counting system and its procedures.
- Ensure on time delivery and correct packaging methods are utilized on all shipments.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MAC-PAC, Sequel, Nutech, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Coordinate Customs Compliance, including NAFTA certificates.
- Ensuring Safety of Staff
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree in a related field; or minimum five years related experience; or combination of education and related experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume below.