Job Title: Quality Technician
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
This position is responsible for planning activities concerned with application and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials and products.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh nonagricultural raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications. The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Perform statistical analysis and study to determine if the current processes are meeting the customer specifications.
- Perform repeatability and reliability tests on tooling, fixtures and processes.
- Direct workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
- Interface with Design, Applications and Manufacturing to review and resolve quality related assembly problems.
- Provide training in the use of measuring equipment and proper procedure for first article inspection.
- Monitor own work to ensure quality during testing sequences and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment.
- Test and calibrate electrical, mechanical, electromechanical and electronic measuring instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards. Assist in formulating calibration standards.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness when measuring parts for conformity and specifications.
- Use advanced math skills when devising formulas to solve problems with measurements and calibrations.
- Speak clearly when assisting Engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment.
- Reject defective parts and mark defect type on part, container of parts and inspection tag.
- Use the following software when performing this job: MAC-PAC, Database Management, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; or minimum six months related experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.