Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
Quality Engineer will be a highly motivated individual responsible for ensuring manufacturing and assembly processes meet established quality specifications and process procedures.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Evaluates production processes and performance in manufacturing and assembly. Interacts with Engineering and Production team members to improve the quality of existing production standards and processes or develops new standards and processes to improve product quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Gather relevant data and analyze to evaluate and improve existing manufacturing, inspection and support system processes in order to determine and improve the flow of work, time requirements, quality, and cost and customer satisfaction.
- Perform failure analysis on MRB product. Develop and implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material. Devise method to assess cost and responsibility.
- Interface with Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customers, and Vendors to coordinate and resolve quality-related problems and implement effective corrective actions.
- Apply various industrial engineering problem solving and productivity techniques to evaluate the recommended improvement strategy programs.
- Leads and supports Continuous Improvement and LEAN projects as Quality Representative to ensure projects meet internal Quality requirements
- Conducts investigations to identify root cause of problems and implements effective corrective actions. Confirm root-cause is determined and implemented corrective actions are effective to prevent future nonconformities.
- Monitor and coordinate Corrective Action Report activity for assigned customers and keep customers advised of status failure analysis and corrective action requests.
- Coordinate corrective action team. Assist in determining root cause failure analysis, developing effective corrective action plans, and in implementation of correction action. Determine effectiveness of solution. Prepare and distribute Corrective Action Report.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MAC-PAC, Order Processing, Visio, and Inventory systems, Design, Internet, Project Management, Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Perform other departmental duties as needed including inspections, internal corrective actions, process improvements, & product disposition.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering; or minimum four years related experience; or combination of education and related experience.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards and ISO internal audits.
- Analytical, Numeric and Communication skills
- Critical Thinking, Attention to Detail and Positive Interpersonal skills
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.