Market Development Engineer - Heating Market
Job Title: Market Development Engineer – Heating Market
Department: Market Management
We are looking for an experienced heating engineer who wants to grow with a company developing the next generation of climate friendly heating solutions. The candidate would be responsible for supporting the development and promotion of leading edge combustion technology and its application in residential and commercial gas fired boilers and water heaters. The combustion technology includes high modulation, premix gas-fired (natural, propane, and hydrogen gas) heating systems. In addition, the candidate would have a fundamental understanding of the operation of electric and gas-fired heat pumps for domestic hot water and hydronic heating applications. So if you are a self-starter looking for the next career challenge working at a company focused on developing climate friendly products, then we are interested in talking with you!
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accomodations, to perform the following:
- Position requires an equal effort in commercial and technical responsibilities (i.e. 50/50).
- Commercial responsibilities include supporting the Market Manager with account development and interfacing with our sales and customer relations team supporting our North American OEM customers.
- Technical responsibilities include supporting the Market Manager with project management, product development, gas application testing, product training, and interfacing with our application engineers and factory team supporting our North American OEM customers.
- Travel up to 25% to customers, trade shows (North America & Europe), and industry trade meetings.
- Use the following software programs when performing the job: MAC-PAC, Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Word), CRM (Sales Force), SAP.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Combustion systems utilizing natural, propane, and hydrogen gas-fired fuels.
- Design and operation of modulating gas-fired condensing boilers and water heaters
- Operation of pneumatic and electronic premix gas-air ratio control systems
- Operation of the electronic control system managing the combustion process
- Fundamentals of heat pumps for domestic hot water and hydronic heating
- Design and operation of hydronic systems and their components
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in chemical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical engineering
- Minimum of five years of work experience in the heating industry related to premix combustion systems, electronic burner controls, and electric heat pumps for potable hot water and hydronic heating applications.
- Master’s in engineering or business is a plus.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.