Laboratory Technician- Application Engineering
Job Title: Laboratory Technician- Application Engineering
Department: Application Engineering
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
This position is responsible for performing all laboratory activities.
Essential Functions of the Job: The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Set up and execute air performance, sound testing and any additional lab testing as required.
- Assist in building prototypes as needed.
- Test for functionality and inspect appearance of samples being shipped to customers. Track/record samples.
- Maintain a database of air performance tests.
- Keep the Laboratory and equipment organized and clean.
- Assist in all functions of recording, testing and repair of returned materials.
- Maintain-up-to date knowledge of all products sold by ebm‑papst.
- Lift or move up to 50 pounds when handling equipment or product.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MAC-PAC, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Travel as required to support the Department.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- A degree from a vocational education program in a technical field or an Associate’s Degree in a technical program.
All Employees are expected to:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.