Field Service Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
This position is responsible for performing repair work, troubleshooting problems and commissioning new installations at ebm‑papst customer locations throughout North America.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Work independently to coordinate and execute mechanical repair work at customer locations as needed
- Troubleshoot problems in the field by taking simple electrical measurements or using more advanced techniques resulting from training provided
- Complete any required documentation including field reports
- Willingness to travel to customer sites within North America approximately 75% of the time, primarily but not exclusively, during the normal work week.
- Ability to work in varied work environments including outdoors, on building roofs, in confined spaces, in warm/ cold environments
- Have a solid mechanical aptitude to perform necessary repair work
- Maintain basic knowledge of electricity and electrical controls
- Ability to lift/ move 50lbs and use ladders working from heights.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline; experience as a Field Service Engineer preferred but not mandatory
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.