Corporate Communications Specialist
Job Title: Corporate Communications Specialist
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
This position is responsible for planning and conducting internal and external communication activities.
Essential Functions of the Job: The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Planning, coordination and implementation of internal and external communication activities
- Part of the global Corporate Communications team (Corporate Center Corporate Communications) and responsible for North America
- Editorial development of a local intranet and responsibility for content creation and content management
- Planning and content creation for local social media channels and interface to the Shared Service Center "Social Media" Oversees corporate communications and branding in various online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and industry magazines.
- Coordination and content creation for local internal communications and interface to shared service center "Internal Communications"
- Establishing/strengthening the media network; writing press releases and PR texts, statements and interviews
- Support local and global executive communications and proofread English content
- Provides consistent and timely information to employees through various communications programs.
- Acts as corporate spokesperson and responds to members of the media in a timely manner; composes and distributes press releases as needed.
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of the media.
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages.
- Provides suggestions concerning graphics, clarity, distribution, and press releases to Finance and Accounting departments for preparation of the Corporation’s annual report.
- Work across teams to find out potential news or story ideas.
- Report back on press activities, coverage, opportunities, successes and press feedback.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.s
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Completed studies in the field of communications
- Professional experience in the field of communications/media/journalism
- Native-level language skills in English
- Confident handling of standard text and image editing program
- Affinity for online media and social media
- Analytical and business-oriented thinking
- Team spirit and creativity
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to senior leadership.
- Excellent managerial and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with corporate management, employees, media, and the larger community.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or minimum two years related experience; or combination of education and related experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.