Business Development Manager - Ventilation & Air Conditioning
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Ventilation & Air Conditioning
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
This position is responsible for market development and project coordination relating to applications in assigned market(s).
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accomodations, to perform the following:
- Assist Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions and Director of Market Management to meet or exceed national and market sales plans.
- Assist with forecast development for our sales territories and factories.
- Prepare price quotes for Customer Relations, Field Sales, and Sales Managers including value added quotes. Focus on special price/delivery requests for new projects. This includes direct customers (OEMs) and distributors. Act as a liaison with the factories and other subsidiaries for special requests and global quote coordination for global accounts in assigned market(s). For significant quotes, review with Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions and Director of
- Market Management for approval.
- Call on professional and technical personnel at established customers and prospective key accounts, to develop, maintain and improve relationships and create business opportunities. Both virtual (web conferences) and in person
- Travel will be required.
- Assist Market Managers, Marketing Department and Regional Sales Managers, including but not limited to: Technical support, market/industry and technical research, new product introduction, customer program coordination, catalog/website updates, training and special projects for OEMS and Distributors as required. Detailed and professional
- PowerPoint presentations are a common means for presenting this information internally and externally.
- Provide technical training of hardware/software products for potential not only to existing customers as well as ebm- papst Inc. personnel. Provide product/market related technical papers as required. Each BDM & MM is responsible for informing Field Sales of this information.
- Monitor changes in assigned markets and recommend strategies with supporting information to Director VAC & Data
- Center, Digital Solutions and Director of Market Management. Execute corporate strategy and monitor progress.
- Provide detailed information on Market Analysis presentations and details supporting that information. Includes tracking of market sales size, competition in assigned markets, recommendation of strategy against competition and suggested developments/products.
- Assist with product review for updating catalog/web site/promotions/advertisements.
- Build relationships and create team environment between departments (Application Engineering, Account Managers, Customer Relations, etc).
- Coordinate special projects as needed. Act as “go to” person in Farmington for Account Managers (Sales) for special projects/requests.
- Disseminate leads received from all factories for assigned market(s) to applicable Sales Managers/Field Sales.
- Assist Customer Relations Manager as needed.
- Assist with customer visits/audits as required.
- Assist with coordination of visits by factory personnel to North America as assigned by Director VAC & Data Center,
- Digital Solutions and Director of Market Management.
- Travel as required & outlined by Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions (North America or international).
- Submit monthly reports to Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions due at the end of every month or as specified by Market Manager.
- Submit expense reports within one week of completed travel and/or misc. expenses.
- Provide sales call reports as needed.
- Represent the Company at trade shows and meetings and professional and organizational functions.
- Adhere to the Company’s Travel Policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field; or minimum five years related experience; or combination of education and experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.