Job Title: Aerodynamics Engineer
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
This position is responsible for aerodynamic development and support service.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Conduct Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations using Star CCM+ software on customer applications. Provide input into the design to optimize airflow, efficiency and noise. Generate reports to be shared with customers.
- Complete design of axial and radial impellers or fans using Star CCM+, empirical design methods and other ebm‑papst software tools.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Creo CAD software.
- Coordinate with R&D Americas team on aerodynamic development projects as required
- Assist where possible in the design optimization cycle in aerodynamic development projects.
- Provide support to Applications Engineers and engineering lab regarding aerodynamic problems and customer projects.
- Conduct training on aerodynamics principles for Applications Engineers and other relevant departments.
- Build prototype impellers/ fans and coordinate with lab to have appropriate tests run.
- Maintain contact to CFD experts at ebm‑papst Germany as well as contacts outside the company
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of all products sold by ebm‑papst Inc.
- Visit customers as required.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers, Sales personnel and other ebm‑papst personnel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or physics. Concentration in aerodynamics ideal but not mandatory
- 3 years minimum working experience focused on aerodynamic systems or fans.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.