Job Title: Accounting Manager
This position is responsible for planning and directing accounting activities within the Accounting Department.
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accomodations, to perform the following:
- Manage, hire, lead, motivate and train the Accounting Department in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws. Exhibit confidence in self and staff. Resolve interdepartmental issues, accept feedback and give recognition.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and/or accounting.
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers. Ensure the subsidiary ledgers for accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, and fixed assets agree to the general ledgers. If necessary resolve any discrepancies.
- Monitor compliance with GAAP and Company procedures.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Participate in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Direct and participate in cost analysis and rate studies.
- Participate in the preparation of statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Establish system controls for new financial systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Review extremal financial statements with Management.
- Conduct studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operation.
- Direct the installation and maintenance of new accounting, inventory, fixed assets, and other related procedures and controls.
- Make recommendations to Management regarding cost savings or profit generation opportunities.
- Use the following software programs while performing this job: MAC-PAC, Sequel, and PC-FAS Accounting software as well as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Maintain the quality of the Accounting Department to service the ebm‑papst organization.
- Travel as required
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or a related field with a minimum five years related work experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below.