Business Development Manager – Ventilation & Air Conditioning
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Ventilation & Air Conditioning
This position is responsible for market development and project coordination relating to applications in assigned market(s).
Essential Functions of the Job:
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Assist Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions and Director of Market Management to meet or exceed national and market sales plans.
- Assist with forecast development for our sales territories and factories.
- Prepare price quotes for Customer Relations, Field Sales, and Sales Managers including value added quotes. Focus on special price/delivery requests for new projects. This includes direct customers (OEMs) and distributors. Act as a liaison with the factories and other subsidiaries for special requests and global quote coordination for global accounts in assigned market(s). For significant quotes, review with Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions and Director of Market Management for approval.
- Call on professional and technical personnel at established customers and prospective key accounts, to develop, maintain and improve relationships and create business opportunities. Both virtual (web conferences) and in person (travel) will be required.
- Assist Market Managers, Marketing Department and Regional Sales Managers, including but not limited to: Technical support, market/industry and technical research, new product introduction, customer program coordination, catalog/website updates, training and special projects for OEMS and Distributors as required. Detailed and professional PowerPoint presentations are a common means for presenting this information internally and externally.
- Provide technical training of hardware/software products for potential not only to existing customers as well as ebm‑papst Inc. personnel. Provide product/market related technical papers as required. Each BDM & MM is responsible for informing Field Sales of this information.
- Monitor changes in assigned markets and recommend strategies with supporting information to Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions and Director of Market Management. Execute corporate strategy and monitor progress. Provide detailed information on Market Analysis presentations and details supporting that information. Includes tracking of market sales size, competition in assigned markets, recommendation of strategy against competition and suggested developments/products.
- Assist with product review for updating catalog/web site/promotions/advertisements.
- Build relationships and create team environment between departments (Application Engineering, Account Managers, Customer Relations, etc). Coordinate special projects as needed. Act as “go to” person in Farmington for Account Managers (Sales) for special projects/requests.
- Disseminate leads received from all factories for assigned market(s) to applicable Sales Managers/Field Sales.
- Assist Customer Relations Manager as needed.
- Assist with customer visits/audits as required.
- Assist with coordination of visits by factory personnel to North America as assigned by Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions and Director of Market Management.
- Travel as required & outlined by Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions (North America or international).
- Submit monthly reports to Director VAC & Data Center, Digital Solutions due at the end of every month or as specified by Market Manager.
- Submit expense reports within one week of completed travel and/or misc. expenses.
- Provide sales call reports as needed.
- Represent the Company at trade shows and meetings and professional and organizational functions.
- Adhere to the Company’s Travel Policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field; or minimum five years related experience; or combination of education and experience.
All Employees are Expected To:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume below.