Job Title: Application Engineer
Department: Application Engineering
This position is responsible for providing technical application assistance and clarification for customers, Sales and Customer Service personnel.
Essential Functions of the Job: The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Serve as the primary technical communication link with customers to ensure customer needs are met.
- Review customer specifications to assist the customer and Customer Service in defining the proper air-moving device for specific applications.
- Provide application assistance to Sales personnel and customers.
- Provide technical clarification of communications and documentation for or to our factories and regional sales offices, distributors, Customer Service and customers.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of all products sold by ebm‑papst Inc.
- Visit customers and suppliers as required.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers, Sales personnel, Customer Service and other ebm‑papst personnel.
- Assist customers, Sales personnel and Customer Service in cross-referencing competitor products to products sold by ebm‑papst.
- Provide technical support, for assigned territories to Management, Sales personnel and the sales territories.
- Manage assigned projects as the key technical person and work with the respective Sales personnel concerning commercial issues.
- Use the following software programs when performing the job: MAC-PAC, Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering; a minimum four years of mechanical/electrical related experience; actively pursuing a degree in an engineering or related technical discipline or a combination of education and related experience.
All Employees are expected to:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm‑papst and its employees.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume below.