The small ratio of the impeller diameter (30 to 65 mm) to the impeller length in most cases allow a flat and stretched design. The large cross section on the suction and pressure side makes for high air delivery at low flow rates. The air being thrown a long distance and low noise level are additional features of tangential blowers.
- Stable output for every need
- The facts about ebm-papst tangential fans at a glance
- The best example: Tangential fans with size 43 GreenTech EC motor
- Product search for tangential fans
Stable output for every need
Depending on the specific application, tangential fans are available with asymmetrical shaded-pole motor, capacitor motor or GreenTech EC motor with integrated commutation electronics (including tach output and PWM or analogue output). For the GreenTech EC motors, a higher speed can be selected than for shaded-pole and capacitor motors, for example to overcome higher counterpressure. Using corresponding sensor technology, the tangential fan with GreenTech EC technology configures the necessary operating points automatically and provides the exact air volume needed.
The facts about ebm-papst tangential fans at a glance
- Low noise at high air flow and low back pressure
- High air flow at low flow rates
- Good contact of cooled ducts and surfaces with cold air due to the expanded width of the exhaust surface
- Very flat design
- Moisture-protected versions, for example for refrigeration technology
- GreenTech EC motors mean higher speeds than AC motors
- Performance adaptation via PWM signal or 0–10 V analogue voltage
The best example: Tangential fans with size 43 GreenTech EC motor
In large tangential fans – such as those used for underfloor convection heating or air curtains – our newly developed size 43 motor with groundbreaking GreenTech EC technology is used.
The motor features outstandingly high efficiency and virtually silent operation. In addition, operating electronics that are tuned exactly to the motor offer individual and precision control options.