- Centrifugal fans with backward-curved blades
- Centrifugal fans with forward-curved blades
- Facts about ebm-papst centrifugal fans at a glance
- The best example: RadiCal centrifugal fans
- FlowGrid - Air-inlet grille for centrifugal fans
Centrifugal fans with backward-curved blades
ebm-papst centrifugal fans with backward-curved blades are used primarily for intake suction. Since most of the pressure build-up takes place in the impeller, there is generally no need for a scroll housing. The centrifugal fans have very good hydraulic efficiency and a low noise level and are ideally suited for high pressures. The centrifugal fans are used in applications such as central air conditioning units or building ventilation systems.
Centrifugal fans with forward-curved blades
Outstanding features of ebm-papst centrifugal fans with forward-curved blades include their very low noise level and high power density. They are used wherever a large air volume has to be moved in a tight space. Depending on aerodynamic and geometric requirements, the impellers are arranged in single-inlet or dual-inlet configurations. For optimum efficiency, in addition to voltage-controlled asynchronous motors, particularly efficient GreenTech EC motors are used. Both drive types are available over the entire power range. more
The facts about ebm-papst centrifugal fans at a glance
- AC and EC centrifugal fans with forward-curved blades
- " RadiCal" AC and EC low-pressure centrifugal fans
- " RadiPac" EC medium-pressure centrifugal fans
- Compact design with external rotor motor technology
- Complete series for every application
- 100% speed-controlled analogue or serial interface
- GreenTech EC technology for high efficiency
- Quiet operation due to optimised flow control and ingenious commutation of the EC motor
- Perfectly matched components for easy installation: controller, motor, fan
- Extensive range of accessories
The best example: RadiCal centrifugal fans
What HyBlade® is to axial fans, RadiCal is to centrifugal fans: another new standard in ventilation and air-conditioning technology. Radical features include the noise minimisation and the further decrease in energy consumption. As in the HyBlade®, the impeller in the RadiCal centrifugal fan is made of fibreglass-reinforced plastic. This enables an aerodynamically optimised shape, which cuts the noise level in half and reduces power requirements significantly.
The GreenTech EC motors used in RadiCal centrifugal fans have undergone further refinement: They have been miniaturised. This makes the EC centrifugal fans much more compact, allowing them to replace existing AC centrifugal fans without any problems. In conjunction with optimised motor thermal management and the resulting increase in efficiency, this provides energy savings of up to 50% compared to AC solutions. Thus the RadiCal centrifugal fan not only fulfils all existing environmental directives easily, it is also ideally equipped for the future.
RadiCal centrifugal fans from ebm-papst are available in various sizes and power levels for a wide range of applications – and by request, also as ready-to-install centrifugal modules.
FlowGrid - Air-inlet grille for centrifugal fans
FlowGrid stands for efficient noise protection features in cooling, ventilation and air-conditioning technology. ebm-papst offers a future-oriented solution for the problem of high-performance technology generating disturbing noise: FlowGrid for centrifugal fans.
Did you mean...