- The axial fan: One principle, countless options
- All the facts of ebm-papst axial fans at a glance
- The best example: HyBlade® axial fans
The axial fan: One principle, countless options
The axial fan, the function of which is similar to a propeller, moves the air axially, parallel to the revolving motor shaft. The ebm-papst external rotor motor is integrated directly into the axial impeller, forming a compact axial fan unit. Moreover, using GreenTech EC motors also enables precision control of the air flow – they are available with tacho output, linear or PWM input, bus-connectable interfaces and many other features. They are usually installed with wall rings in short or long bell mouths.
All the facts of ebm-papst axial fans at a glance
- Compact dimensions
- Available in GreenTech EC technology or AC technology
- Wide selection of models, dimensions and air performance levels
- Optimum efficiency and noise level due to well-engineered aerodynamic design of the fan blades
- High-efficiency, energy saving designs in GreenTech EC technology with standardised integration of control functions and sensor signals
- Wide range of accessories, including guard grilles, basket guard grilles and wall rings
- The axial fan is dynamically balanced in two planes to DIN ISO 1940
- Numerous approvals, including VDE, UL, CSA, CE and GOST
- Applications: Ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration technology, automotive industry, wind power and mechanical engineering/finishing equipment industry
The best example: HyBlade® axial fans
An outstanding example of the continuous further development and improvement of our products is the HyBlade® axial fan – a one-of-a-kind material composite developed specifically for large axial fans. HyBlade® brings the benefits of two opposite materials to their lowest common denominator: maximum efficiency.
For one, a carrier made of aluminium provides high stability. For another, the attached sleeve made of fibreglass-reinforced plastic permits completely free mouldability of the blades. Where metal can be machined only by bending, stamping and punching, fan blades with the HyBlade® structure can be optimised down to the finest detail, for example using winglets on the wing tips, like those that provide greater lift for aeroplanes. For the HyBlade® axial fans, they enable even higher aerodynamic efficiency – with minimum weight and revolutionary noise reduction. In conjunction with our highly efficient, leading edge drives with GreenTech EC technology, HyBlade® axial fans become real energy-saving wonders.
No wonder, then, that HyBlade® axial fans has also become an international sensation. For example, in early 2008, our product innovation received the iF material award (iF International Forum Design GmbH), the renowned prize for outstanding material solutions.
HyBlade® axial fans are available in many familiar sizes and with standardised interfaces. This makes it particularly easy to switch to our lightweight fans.